Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 11, 2008

Is That My Phone Ringing, Please?

Well, I haven't heard back from Michelle at Davis Company yet! Ugh. April said when she was on the phone with Michelle, she was asked about my attendance. Of course April gave me a rave review. Truth of the matter is I am a HARD, HARD worker. I get the job done. I am a fast learner and would be great for this position. I couldn't help it if I would get sick before but that stage has passed, well, at least for now. I would give anything to get this job. To finally get a "fair" pay for the work I feel I do. The skills I have.

I also wish I woke up in a cheerful/happy mood but alas I have that "pit unsettled" feeling. Trust me, I am not a "Debbie Downer", not even close people, I've just been sad lately. You know it is bad when you go to bed semi-crying and wake up crying. Wow. Let's face it - a lot in my life is just, well, unsettled.

I can't believe I haven't been down by the ocean yet. I live in the friggin ocean state for the love of all things suntanned and oily! I live roughly 25-30 minutes from some gorgeous beaches and I haven't been!? I use to love reading a good book in Jamestown. We'd have lunch at Trici's Tropigrille (the closest thing we have to a Key West type restaurant) and then sit down by Beaver Point State Park, watch the waves crash, smell the salt air and read. Sure, I could do this on my own, but I prefer to be with someone else. It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. It felt like a mini-vacation.

I also vow to go to Martha's Vineyard and Block Island this summer/early fall. As long as I make it there before October 1st, I will be happy. Block Island's water looks, dear I say, like Florida with it's turquoise/emerald glow (in sections anyway). Same with Martha's Vineyard. I haven't been to these islands in over 10 years!!! Martha's Vineyard seems like one huge island of FUN! Tons of shops, restaurants, cafes and --- gorgeous beaches. What is wrong with me? LOL! I should be there now.

Anyway, today I am going to:

  • Finally find out the steps I need to take to start Out & About Travel's Gay Group Cruises
  • Buy a book on how to write a real business plan
  • Make sure I am listed on every (free) gay search engine
  • And pray, pray, pray for my life to get better or at least for strength to get me through this rough patch.

I am sure I will have more rambles, but this is it for now.

Peace,

Des





No comments: