Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ode to Blogs!

Okay so I figured I would keep this entry pretty light hearted today (even though I am feeling heavy hearted right now). I don't really feel like writing about anything too serious so I am just going to list some of my favorite blogs! :-)

I was never really into the whole blog thing until I started reading "More Than A Minivan Mom" (http://www.morethanaminivanmom.com/). This woman, Tracey Robinson, is, well, brilliant. I am not just saying that because she is originally from Rhode Island and has that "Rhode Island quirky sense of humor", no, I am saying that because she is a fantastic writer that sucks you into her world. Very much like my beloved Johnny Jet (http://www.johnnyjet.com/). I am so hooked on her blog. To summarize what I know thus far, Tracey (34) is apparently married to a "saint" named Richard (same age?). They met in college, fell in love and soon had 3 (beautiful) children all before she turned 30. A few years ago they packed up their lives and headed for a new start in Austin, Texas. He works at a law firm and she is a teacher (or counselor)? Tracey is pretty open about her "quest for happiness" and the fact that she isn't usually a "very happy person." She's not depressed, just not one of those "happy, happy, joy, joy" type people, which makes her very funny to someone like me! :-) She writes about her feelings with a perfect touch of humor. She is liberal and living in Texas which is also funny. Anyway, I recommend starting at the beginning of her blog and skimming through to recent posts. It'll give you more of a background. Her blog makes me happy and I look forward to it every day, so Tracey Robinson, if you ever happen upon my (I'm not worthy) little blog, I say to you, in the best Rhode Island accent possible, "That is friggin, wicked cool!" :-)


Some other great blogs are as follows:

What makes a great blog? To me it is HONESTY. Being REAL. Having NO SHAME. Writing with HUMOR. Allowing people "into your home". If you leave a blog feeling like you want MORE - that is a good sign! :-) It is even better when, over time, you feel like the writer is your friend. That is how I feel about Johnny Jet and now, More Than a Minivan Mom.

Today I leave you with a lecture by a normal, every day type guy named "Matt" (http://www.wherethehellismatt.com/). He talks about the joy of TRAVEL and what it can do for your soul. Really listen to what this guy has to say. I wish I was giving this speech.









Peace,

Des

No comments: