Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pray for my brother

My brother has jaw surgery today. To make a long story short, he managed to get his jaw broken, but as bad as that may sound, he is alive and well and that is what truly matters. My brother is a gentle giant. He is a "strong" guy with a soft heart. What amazes me most about him, and this situation, is how brave and adult like he is handling everything (he will be 36 Aug 29). He seems to finally get what is "most important" in life. His kids and his partner, Liz. I can't tell you how happy that makes me. When you find that peace in your life, within yourself, there is nothing else like it. Peace, calm, comfort, support, friendship -- these are all part of being in a great relationship or settled place in your life. He enjoys his home and the people around him. I am so proud of him. It must be nice have someone like Liz always there for him and his kids. What a big change for him.

Anyway, his mouth will be wired shut for like 5 weeks, ugh. So this won't be fun, but he can do it. He has a sense of humor about it. You HAVE to laugh in this life. You just have to.

For as strong and brave as he has been, he did admit he fears "going under", but I assured him - they give you "GOOD STUFF" and you wake up not remembering anything and very giddy...lol.

My mom, me, Elizabeth, Liz, his kids and God knows who else will be there.

Oh Michael.

Wish us luck.

-Des

No comments: