Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Not much to say but alot to write about

I think I may have a toothache or my wisdom teeth may be coming in. Listen, I don't need any more wisdom....geesh. This may explain the weird headaches and on/off sore throats. I will monitor this closely and ignore it further if necessary. I mean, call the dentist if necessary! ;-)

A' hem....

I don't really have anything specific to talk about right now so let me chat about the wonders of two of my favorite things in life. Ghost Hunters and Johnny Jet.

We'll start with Ghost Hunters. Ghost Hunters has been on Sci-Fi for the past 4 years. It is the most watched cable show on television and for good reason. I am not some Sci-Fi geek but this show is just fascinating! The "ghost hunters" are from my home state, Rhode Island which is a bonus (I love it when they say "friggin", "wicked", "dude" and "awesome"). They are the most laid-back, down-to-earth, nice guys. They could be doing a show about plumbing and I think I'd watch, for real. The two "lead" guys are Jason and Grant. They have been best friends forever and started TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society) many years ago (I tried to find the exact date but I am semi-lazy currently...so "fraige" it). You can find out everything about them at
http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/ and http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/.

What do Ghost Hunters do? THEY HUNT FRIGGIN GHOST. For real. This isn't fake. The evidence they catch, whether video or EVP (electric voice phenomenon) makes the hair on this Italian/Portuguese chick's arm stick up. Don't believe me? Check out
www.youtube.com and type in Ghost Hunters. Freaking, cool stuff - dude! ;-)

It blows my mind that there are 1/2 hour "celebrity smut" shows on TV and yet the evidence Ghost Hunters catch goes virtually un-mentioned. WTF? Hi, catching an apparition on video or a clear sentence from "a ghost" on audio -- is NEWS to me. Don't we all wonder what happens when we die? OF COURSE WE DO! Apparently some people stick around lost/confused or just wanting to scare the shit out of us. Bastards -- but thanks for the entertainment.

I've seen ghost before. I saw my grandmother the night she passed away, at the foot of my bed. I was 8 years old. She was in her "house dress" and smiled at me. This could've started my IBS (see earlier post) as I remember being scared shitless. The next morning my mother told me my grandmother had passed and I told her I saw her near my bed. A couple of years later it happened again and I kindly asked her to not do that because I was a.) a wimp b.) a BIG wimp. and c.) already stressed with the fucking Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. She has listened, although at times I wish I could see her (or my aunt).

Has anyone else out there had experiences with ghosts? I'd love to hear about it! Did it make you poop? "That would be friggin awesome".

The show is on Wednesday nights at 9:00pm. The season finale is July 9th, I believe and then it'll be back in the fall. The spin-off show, Ghost Hunters International, features several of the "ghost hunters" from the first few seasons, including two of my favorites, Brian and Donna. This show, although NOT as good as the original Ghost Hunters (sorry - Jay & Grant just make it), is still very entertaining and scary. You can find out more here:
http://www.scifi.com/ghi/.

Another FAVORITE of mine is Mr. "Johnny Jet" (a.k.a. John Discala). He runs
http://www.johnnyjet.com. I have been a fan of his since 1999. If I could be anyone else for a day I would choose him. Johnny travels for his job. He is in a different location each and every week. He comes from a big, loving, Italian family. Has (what seems to be) great brothers and sisters and loving parents. He is outgoing, charming, handsome (yes, lesbians can think this too and I say this in a "I wish Mel & I could get his sperm" type way -- errr-- sorry but its true...lol) and so adventurous (no wonder - he is a Gemini..lol). He use to have a FEAR of flying and now that is all he does. He is a travel journalist / writer (not to mention a pretty great photographer). When I read his weekly newsletter - I get lost. I live vicariously though his travels. He is everything I wish I could be. I am not some "crazed fan" -- just an admirer. It's nice to know there are other "travel addicts" out there making their dreams a reality. I hope to someday be more like Johnny Jet. You should take 1 minute and sign up for his free newsletter. You will feel like one of his "friends". He is so personable and likeable -- trust me. If you have even the slightest interest in travel, you NEED to sign up for this newsletter. He has been pretty much everywhere (Asia, Australia, The Caribbean, Mexico, South Pacific, Africa, Europe etc.,). Oh and if you're gay...hehehe...check out my web site, http://www.gaytravelpros.com. Hey, I have to plug myself too! ;-) OOOOH and I am "straight friendly" thank you very much - I don't just book gay travel...lol.

Anyway, I better get back to work. I rambled long enough!


I leave you today with two videos from my (current) all time favorite movie, 'Into The Wild'.

These are two of the best songs from the movie. Great lyrics. Melodies.



Into The Wild - No Ceiling by Eddie Vedder




Into The Wild - Society by Eddie Vedder


Peace,
Des

No comments: