Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 21, 2008

My Nutty Professor

So Melanie and I discussed it this weekend and we have come to the agreement that I should refer to her as 'the nutty professor'. I mean this in the most loving, endearing sort of way possible. Melanie is like Bambi with glasses. Picture that. Aw.


What the fuck is that butterfly doing?

I wish my camera was working because I would take a picture of the inside of her purse and show you just why I call her the 'the nutty proffesor'. The girl refuses to zip up her bag, put away her credit cards/debit card, money, receipts etc.,. The bag is a mix of papers, cat fur, unknown sticky substance, several (what appear to be) bitten pennies, lip gloss with fuzz growing around it, a parking ticket and maybe a tampon or pad. It stresses me out. Bags in general stress me out, especially with my OCD, but Mel's really pushes me over the edge. I love to clean, sick but true, and I just can't bring myself to clean out her bag. What does this say? I don't know. It's that bad. Ironically her wallet is missing with her license, birth certificate etc., -- honestly I don't know where this is.

Another reason why Melanie has earned the title 'nutty professor'? The girl could cook. She has a knack for seasoning that is a talent. Everything she makes is flavored perfectly, HOWEVER, when using the stove Mel refuses to move anything near the burners (i.e. candles, incense burners, paper plates, cats etc.,). She turns that baby up and cooks away. I can't tell you the number of melted candles that have seared their way through the oven or dented dishes, flowers, vases etc., (hey our apartment is small - we have to make use of all space..lol). I do find this endearing but, um, it worries me so.

Melanie is the type woman who will bring her LSAT book with her to a restaurant, concert, nightclub or market. She is like "Mrs. Robinson" --- only younger. She is sexy and smart and dear I say, a tad bit dangerous -- and allll miiiine! Melanie recites women studies facts to me in the same sentence of a dirty rap song. Her latest venture is taking me around the "illegal spas" that take part in sex-trafficking. If you aren't aware of what this is please visit
http://www.riagainsttrafficking.org/. It's a horrible epidemic that happens everywhere, especially in Rhode Island. I try to explain to Mel that she could, oh I don't know, BE SHOT by some angry "spotter" or whatever they are called (similar to pimps). "I know" she says. Sigh. Melanie. Melanie. Melanie. She promises me she'll be safe, but I have noticed several more gray hairs on my head.

This weekend Melanie was all domesticated - which was wonderful! She cooked, cleaned, put together a book shelf, bought stuff for the house and even said she wanted a tool belt. I am too sure about that! ;-) It amazes me how much this young woman can do. I so appreciate it.

Anyway, Melanie may be lovingly nick-named 'the nutty professor' but there is nothing TRULY nutty about her. She is a well-rounded, smart, loving woman who I love very, very much.

So yeah, the weekend was spent doing stuff around the house and just enjoying each others company. Much needed!

On a side note, my mother and I are heading out on what I hope to be a crazy/fun road trip. We leave Wednesday. We are going to take it one day at a time. Destinations include: Lancaster, PA (Amish Country), Nashville, Destin, Savannah and possibly Williamsburg, VA or Atlantic City, NJ. God knows what my mom will take from the poor Amish...she'll find something though. Who knows maybe we'll see Porter Wagner's ghost at The Grand'Ol Opry - I'll need 3 pepcids for that.


We may only make it to CT, who knows, all I know is my mom deserves to get away and have some fun!! I will, of course, blog about this.

Anyway, I have so much to finish up over here so I better get back to work! I just wanted catch up on how things are going.

Here are some pictures from my # 1 beach destination here in the United States, Destin-Florida. I took these particular pictures several years ago.













Ciao,

Desiree

No comments: