Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Words move me

Words have the power to move us in ways we never thought possible. That is why I love quotes so much.

In the few seconds it takes to read them, they resonate with us. We ponder. We try and relate the words to our own lives.

If only we remembered these beautiful quotes we felt so moved by. It would be fantastic to instantly remember a quote when faced with daily situations, however, it isn't until much later that we find such quotes, sit and reflect......and then forget.

Repeat pattern.

These quotes resonate with me today.

“You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth and seek forgiveness.” ~Unknown

"People are far easier to forgive others for being wrong than for being right." ~Joanne Kathleen Rowling

"You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and  feel the power to wish them well." ~Lewis B. Smedes

"He who is devoid of the power to forgive, is devoid of the power to love." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

"In your life, you meet people. Some you never think of again. Some, you wonder what happened to them. There are some you wonder if they ever think about you. And then there are some you wish you never had to think about again. But you do." ~Unknown.

"Be yourself, because you are what you love to do." ~Unknown.

"When you love someone, you can never forget about them." ~Wiz Khalifa

"Growth happens by facing your fears rather than running from them. In the end fear is only an illusion." ~Uknown

1 comment:

Jennifer Walsh said...

I love quotes, too.
I love the quotes that you posted here. Such strong messages for ourselves and others.
...Forgiveness (as I see is a theme in your quotes) is so important to a peaceful existence and to live, truly live. It can destroy people when it doesn't happen.


Here are some of my favorites:

"Enjoy life, that's all that matters." ~ Patrick Walsh, RIP 2/21/77 - 6/21/10

"Semper ubi sub ubi!" - a wonderful Latin phrase to live by. lol ;) Translation: "Always where under where" - just a fun play on words, but oh so important in life!! ;)

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~ Audrey Hepburn

"I like dead end signs. I think they’re kind. At least they have the decency to let you know when you’re going nowhere." ~ Bugs Bunny

"If you are moved by the sunrise and if rain on the roof makes you cry, you are probably in love. Or you should be." ~ Maya Angelou

"Just do good to feel good without expecting anything in return. It would do us all good if enough of us could just do this." - me

"A heartfelt conversation with someone who needs that reminder about the importance of living Life becomes a reciprocal act; We all need that reminder every now and then." - me