Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Take the Boxing Gloves Off!

I believe the majority of us are good people. We sometimes make bad decisions, but to the core, most of us are pretty darn good people.



We shouldn't beat ourselves up for making mistakes.


If we are truthfully sorry for causing someone pain and a truthful and a heartfelt "I am sorry" is said than a heartfelt "I forgive you" will be returned.


What I know for sure is that life is too short for regrets. Guilt. Pain.


It takes a lot for me not to care about someone and truly dislike them.


I can say I only feel this way toward one person in my life --- my father (very good reason, I assure you).


Everyone else that may have hurt me? Well, I care for them too much to hold grudges.


I care about myself too much to harbor resentment and pain.


I tell people that once I love you -- I love you for life. The capacity of the type love may change, but I certainly don't wish anyone harm.


Guilt and sadness are horrible emotions to deal with. They eat at our soul. They make sleeping hard. They make focus hard. They make....life hard.


I don't want to contribute to that.


If a person is too afraid to reach out and apologize for pain they may have caused, I understand that too.


For my own sanity and peace of mind I offer up a big "I forgive you" because I believe in the goodness in most people and forgiveness makes the soul smile.


To all the people in my life that may have chipped away at my self esteem --- I forgive you and feel better about myself then ever.


To all the people who may have made fun of my appearance --- I forgive you and actually am okay with how I look these days.


To all the people who have said hurtful things to me and about me --- I forgive you and know how the brain/heart/mouth work when feeling.....hurt.


But most important.....


I'd like to focus on THANK YOU'S.


Thank you to all the people who have contributed to my self confidence and made me feel good about myself. Sometimes people who hurt you are only able to because their opinion matters(mattered) so much to you.


Making someone feel good about themselves is something that doesn't happen too often, so when someone is in my life that does ---- I feel the need to say THANK YOU.


And to those who may not be in my life, for whatever reason, I still thank you. I thank you for making me feel beautiful. Making me feel accepted just the way I am. I thank you for the encouragement. I thank you for the look in your eyes and smile when I entered a room. I thank you for the numerous (daily) "shots in the arm" to boost my ego.


I thank you.


See, having a blog is an open journal to the world.


Sometimes you write about pain.


Sometimes you write about joy.


Sometimes you write to educate people.


Sometimes you write just to vent.


And sometimes.....sometimes you write to say.....


THANK YOU.


Every person has goodness in them.


Everyone.

1 comment:

Jennifer Walsh said...

Making peace, forgiveness, and seeing the good in all people is just a healthy way to live. Healthy in all respects. Holding on to anger, hurt, guilt, and other negative emotions slowly destroys a person in so many ways and is certainly no way to live. Life is too short to hold on to such things.