Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Becoming Chaz has touched my heart

I have never really taken to Chastity Bono. I never thought twice about her, honestly. That all changed after seeing 'Becoming Chaz' last night on the OWN Network.

Chaz is the real deal. Likeable. Honest. Sweet.

Brave.

You can tell a lot by the people who are in their lives and Chaz has a loving, accepting family (sans Cher who is doing "the best she could" -- whatever, Cher - lol) and an amazing, loving, partner, Jennie.

That makes all the difference, doesn't it? It makes life so - much - easier.

I am a tomboy lesbian. Definately more in touch with my "boy style" but perfectly fine with the fact that I am a woman, however, I did find myself relating to Chaz on SOME levels.

Chaz is transgendered. A man stuck in a woman's body. Well, no longer, now that she undergone surgery, hormone treatment etc., I believe Chaz. I get it.

My breasts annoy me - mostly because they make me appear bigger than I am. In my mind I am a tall, lean, tomboy --- not a MAN --- just a lanky, flat-chested tomboy woman. If anything I would want a breast reduction.

I am not transgendered. I just relate on some levels.

I love the relationship between Chaz and her longtime girlfriend, Jennie.

I love the way Jennie looked at Chaz. She accepted Chaz even though she is (very) overweight. She was/is attracted to her - both as a woman and now, a man.

Wow.

I love how intimate they are. How they could read each other. How Jennie was there for Chaz. How Chaz allowed it.

I love that Jennie cried out of the joy she felt after Chaz had his top surgery.

She was so happy for him.

She made it through the hormone's where he because, as she put it, "VERY MANLY".

She stuck by him.

She doesn't care that he is overweight.

She doesn't care that he now has facial hair.

She doesn't care that there is hair on his ass, for the love of God! LOL!

She doesn't care that Chaz is prone to sweating ----

She. Just. Loves. Chaz. She loved Chastity and she loves Chaz.

Let me also say that Jennie is a very attractive, straight-looking/acting, woman.

Every man/tomboy's dream.

As Chaz put it, "She is Fucking crazy, but I like that because I would be bored if I was with someone who was like me."

Well put, Chaz.

Jennie suffered with a drinking problem through grad school, but she is now sober.

Chastity had an addiction to pain meds -- Chaz is sober.

They accept each other.

Chaz said that the past year was the toughest they had ever gone through (they've been together since 2005). He wasn't sure if they could make it thought, but Jennie, as quoted on Oprah said, "Not once did I ever think of leaving Chaz."

Love.

What I learned from this documentary is to NOT WORRY about the little things. Things like changing up in front of my partner, being seen (gulp) nude in the light, having my legs touched if (gulp) I haven't shaved in a couple of days --- being more intimate. If you are with the right person they will make you feel gorgeous and loved no matter what.

Love makes all things possible. Love makes you brave.

Love makes you feel safe.

Love makes you feel accepted.

Love makes you feel secure.

And in Chaz's case....

Love LOVES you regardless of your breasts, facial and ass hair.

Oh -- and love makes amazing sandwiches.

No comments: