Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 28, 2011

The Femme Tomboy

Not too long ago my girlfriend wrote what being a tomboy femme meant to her. You can find that post on her blog: Riot Grrl (http://www.enjoylifejw.blogspot.com).



I realized I never quite explained what being a femme tomboy meant to me. Exactly what do I mean when I tell people I am a femme tomboy?



Here goes....



* I appreciate femininity in a woman. I am not attracted to butch type woman (very manly). I prefer medium length/long hair. I like a woman who isn't afraid of dresses/heels (like I am), makeup and smelling good. A woman who also doesn't mind "getting her hands dirty" and carry's her femininity over to when she is in casual clothes. I am NOT talking "girly/girl" --- I mean a woman who is feminine yet strong.



* I will never wear a dress, heels, makeup or nylons because I truly would feel like I was in drag, however, I don't mind low-cut sweaters/blouses, pretty colors, cover-up/blush, perfume/cologne, and wearing my hair a length that is "just feminine enough".



* I only shop for men's clothing. Strike that. GAY men's clothing. The clothes I wear are truly gender neutral. I buy pink MEN's sweater's. Pretty blue MEN shirts. If a (feminine) gay man would like it --- chances are, so would I. I do shop for pants/jeans in the woman's dept and have several woman's sneakers. I am VERY careful NOT to buy "butchy" type clothes. I like being a woman. I am VERY womanly. I am just --- a tomboy! ;)



* I feel I was most likely a 1940's stay-at-home-wife-homemaker in another lifetime. I love to clean, bake, shop and decorate. I know NOTHING about plumbing, electrical stuff, car issues, carpentry and will run and scream if I see a bug.





* I would kill the bug that scares me if my girlfriend was afraid. That is when the BOY comes out in my TOM! ;)



* I don't like confrontation and am attracted to more of an aggressive type personality, however, I will protect and defend my partner until my last breath.



* Woman's lingerie makes me blush. I find it very sexy. It is something I could personally never wear but get weak in the knees when others do.



* I love having my partner lay her head on my shoulder or rest her head on my lap.


* I love opening the door for my partner and feel shy/awkward when it's done for me, but appreciative.





* I love when my partner crosses her legs or sits on my lap as these are things I would never feel comfortable doing.


* I am very emotional and can cry/laugh at the drop of a hat. I have no problem expressing my emotions/feelings and am attracted to others who are able to do so as well.





* I love hanging out with my "straight girlfriends" who make me feel like the "gay guy best friend!"

 


* For bed I love wearing gym pants, sweatshirts, boxers and t's. I will never wear anything frilly, however, I try to match my clothes just in case there is an emergency and we need to leave the house right away.


* I try to match my undies to the shirt I am wearing.


* I take roughly an hour to get ready in the morning.

 


* I take roughly 15 minutes to get ready before bed.

 


* I love romance and get all giddy over sweet-little-things.






* I feel awkward giving flowers but don't mind giving them. Tulips are my favorite.






* I prefer grilling to cooking indoors.






* I love romantic comedies and dislike action/adventure.






* I find a woman who can fix a car, kill a bug, move and/or assemble furniture and take initiative extremely sexy! ;)






* I LOVE muscle cars and think a cross country road trip with my girlfriend and music blearing would be a dream come true.






* I compare myself more to men than woman --- unless she is Ellen Degeneres...lol. Damn that woman has some cool sneakers and ties! ;)






* I can appreciate a good looking man and have no problem gushing over men, however, I find it more difficult and disrespectful to my partner to do the same over a woman. With men it is an "admiration" -- a quality I would like for myself. With woman it would be just because I find them hot. Period.






* When my partner flirts with me I lose all sense of control and forget how to speak and find it almost impossible to make eye contact. It drives me wild ---- and I love it!






* I love a woman who takes care of herself. Emotionally and physically. I don't care what the person's weight is -- as long as they truly take an interest and care about themselves.






* I love a woman who can show her vulnerable side and make me feel needed.






* I love being flirted with by my partner.






* As much as I would like a smaller "chest", I must say, I am quite fond of my cleavage.






* I only wear what I consider to be "girly flannel" - lol.






* I love to flip a scarf. Nothing like a good scarf flip.






This pretty much sums everything up. Basically I am probably more girly on the inside then those woman who appear more feminine on the outside.






I have always been drawn to "softer type" guys as well. The whole "brawn" thing does nothing for me, so obviously it wouldn't in woman either. Make sense? :)


Yeah. I'm just a tomboy or as lyrics from my song "Straight Girls" goes: "I'm just a girl who likes a girl who wears a skirt."

;) ;)

2 comments:

Jennifer Walsh said...

Well, after reading this post and with what I wrote, we really are the ultimate match and perfect balance of femininity and tomboy.

I love that I was sitting across from you in the coffee shop while reading this blog, sitting in my orange sweater and jeans with legs crossed and smiling with my heart as I read and took all of this in. I will be making you blush for the rest of our lives with my exterior girlishness that will aggressively be put in your face ;) I love the pink v-neck sweater you are wearing today. The color is beautiful on you and it shows off that sexy feature of yours ;) It is so amazing what you bring out of me. My eyes become glued to you and I literally cannot stop staring at you. And it is not that I am staring at you, it is really that my eyes are communicating to you what I am thinking and feeling. You make even my eyes become aggressive with you.
The Femme Tomboy + The Tomboy Femme = PERFECTION <3 <3 XOXO

Travelingdes said...

I love that I feel a mix of both of the blogs I posted today sitting across from you. You turn me into -- well (I am looking up at the ceiling now trying to think of a way to explain it but I can't --- thanks to you and your damn crossed legs - lol). I am unable to think around you!?!? Right now I feel flustered and shy yet excited and in awe of you. This comment made me blush and get, well, all "girly" (!?!? LOL) Your eyes DO communicate what you are thinking and feeling and make me feel amazing inside. I hope you know that my response is completely out of my hands. I can't control this reacation I have to you. I think it is your agressive nature that...quite frankly...excites me -- yet makes me become somewhat shy. I love every bit of it. I love you. I love every part of you. I love how you described it as your "exterior girlishness" --- YES!!! I love your "exterior girlishness" and your inner strength and agressiveness with me. It is the perfect combo in my book. I still can't believe I found a Tomboy Femme. Amazing. Perfection indeed. <3 <3 XOXOXOXO