Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 21, 2008

More on yesterday's blog...

As I sit hear and wait for my Dr. to call with my blood work results confirming that I either have or (hopefully) don't have H. Pylori (don't ask - Mel has this stomach infection and it is contagious through saliva - yah - need I say more - I feel like a burning flame of indigestion - loooovely - lol) it dawned on me that my last blog may have come across as not understanding to people who are on a constant quest to be thin. I need to reiterate.

I completely sympathize with people struggling to lose weight. It just drives me crazy how we (women especially) feed into society's views of what a "nice body" should look like. It seems like every woman is struggling to lose that 10-20+ pounds to get down to a 2 or 4. Why? Do you honestly find this more attractive? Maybe I am the nutcase? I wouldn't be surprised! :) I just find a shapely body more healthy and just as beautiful. If I had a genie bottle and was told I could make my body any weight with just one rub (and for a 5'5 / 5'6 I should be no more than 133 pounds to be considered "healthy"), I would choose 160-165 pounds. This would make me a size 10'ish I believe. I honestly (may I have H-Pylori for the rest of my life) would NOT want to be smaller. At one point I was around 150 pounds and looked sickly. HOW CAN SOCIETY THINK THIS LOOKS BETTER??????????? How can people think those young women in Hollywood look sexy? I mean look at them??? They are skeletal. They all look like 10 year old boys, less the long hair and make-up. Where are the shapes? Then you get women like Kelly Clarkson, Jordan Spark, Kate Winslet and even someone like Rachael Ray and everyone (meaning the media) say they are overweight! LOL! REALLY? I mean c'mon? Does Star Jones REALLY look BETTER NOW? We all remember the Jennifer Love Hewett story. And what do these women do? Conform! Conform! Conform! Again, maybe I AM THE CRAZY one? It seems like most women agree with the "need to be skinny" mentality. Either that or I am one of the lucky ones that don't suffer from that constant voice telling me I am not good enough. I don't know. Don't get me wrong. Society has creeped into my thought process to some point. My brain has been slightly attacked. Case in point. Two years ago I was able to look at myself in the mirror at a size 12/14 and not feel unsatisfied. Now when I look in the mirror at a size 12 I find I judge myself, to some extent. I HATE IT! I try to shut the voice up but it is hard. I do sympathize.


With all that said, it is brave to talk about the obsession and need to lose weight. It is a thought process disease. If we could only re-train our brains. Sigh.

To prove my point I am posting picture of Jordan Sparks and the Olson Twins.

You tell me...




What looks better to you?

What is it that I am missing???? Why do so many women suffer with this disease? It is so, so sad if you ask me!

Another example:



Again, what looks better? Do Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks look BAD because they have "extra" weight on them? They look pretty healthy to me. Then you have Kiera Knightly and ??? Do women really think this looks good and Trisha Yearwood looks bad??

Don't feed into society's views! Love yourself the way you are! Be good to yourself. Your body. We are all beautiful and let me just say -- I have nothing against healthy, skinny bodies! My partner is a very healthy size, skinny even, and I think she is gorgeous. It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the way we THINK of our bodies and how they SHOULD be that drives me crazy.

I need an antacid....lol! ;)

-Des

No comments: