Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 3, 2008

I is stupid sometimes (lol)

Random thoughts.

Stupidest moment of my life (thus far):

Year: 1997. Age: 21. I was visiting Canada (Mont Tremblant) for the first time. I noticed they had all their Christmas lights and displays still up (it was the end of January). These decorations weren't some dinky, crappy, crap. They were the type that would even impress a blind Scrooge. Simply amazing. I innocently asked the French Canadian man walking us to the log cabin we had rented when Canadians, um, celebrated Christmas. Yup. SHUT-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! I still cringe. I immediately felt like an idiot. It was quicker than immediately. It was the second the last word finished coming out of my mouth. The .... Chist...mas part. April (my ex) looked at me with that 1/2 horrified / 1/2 amused glaze and laughed. The gentleman looked at me like I was a STUPID AMERICAN, smirked and sarcastically said, "The same as you." Single most stupid thing I....EVER.....DID.

Runner up: I was at a popular local steakhouse called Bugaboo Creek. It was my first time there with April. Maybe 8 years ago. They have this HUGE bison head on the wall that talks and welcomes you to the steakhouse. We were looking around and admiring the decor (we both loved / love log cabins) and all the taxidermy animals (poor bastards). All of a sudden the bison started to speak and I looked at April, very seriously, and said, "Hmm, I don't think that is real." AGAIN, SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP! LOL! How could I get A's and B's in school, run a business and come out with stupid shit like that??? She still teases me about that. Ugh.

I have no problem laughing at myself. None at all.

Completely random thought (as if what I just posted wasn't random enough)....

I would give anything to have a wood-burning fireplace in our living room. Nothing says fall / winter like the smell of wood burning, sitting on the coach, sipping hot chocolate and watching TV. I LOVE THE FALL. I love the first snowfall and BIG snowstorms. Sure, by the end of January I am wishing I was in the Caribbean, but during November & December I say, BRING IT ON!

Someone in the neighborhood must have a fireplace because the smell of burning wood is permeating the air right now. That or my house may be on fire?

Crap.

-Des




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Des honey! That is so cute. You are so innocent and adorable sometimes, but so smart!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

I love you honey!