Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 10, 2011

Stuck in a Smile - Part 2 (The Poem)

Jen wrote this while on the beach this evening. It melted my heart and makes COMPLETE sense to me. I feel so very lucky. <3


Just a silly little poem that only my girlfriend will understand... lol - .by Jennifer Walsh on Monday, October 10, 2011 at 10:55pm.10/10/11

Stuck in a Smile

It just won't quit


this smile I'm wearing these days,


it's more than just the Pepsi shirt,

just thinking of you and the smile is there,

wearing it proudly

even when we are apart


because I feel you deep in my heart.

I smile because you can no longer speak.

Eight straws in your soda,


you make no sense to anyone anymore but me.

Tears from laughter,

one look at me and


I would set you free


if it wasn't for the jealousy

of the little dog


who doesn't like it when we are comfy.


But, I will show him.

In time he will see

I'm here to stay

to make his mom's heart so very happy


because you and I can talk endlessly

and then stop and listen

to the music

all the while

stuck in a smile.

3 comments:

Jennifer Walsh said...

I love you!!! Just keep smiling... just keep smiling... just keep smiling. Because you look so beautiful when you are smiling :)
Love you lots!! xoxoxo

Travelingdes said...

Jen, since meeting you I have been wearing a smile --- and I don't think it'll be going anywhere anytime soon! <3 You are such a beautiful woman in EVERY way. I have never experienced such a deep romantic chemsitry AND friendship all in one. I can't get enough of you.....seriously....lol. There is nothing more amazing than being in love with someone who not only takes your breath away but also calms you with gentleness and kindness. It is the most amazing combination. I love the person you are. I mean that with everything in me. You truly make it easy for me to "just keep smiling".....I love you so much. xoxoxo

Jennifer Walsh said...

Just reading your words
even though we are a 20 minute drive apart
I feel you in every way
even deeper than just feeling you
in my heart
<3 <3