Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 18, 2011

September 18, 2011

I go an see this amazing psychic/tarot card reader every now and then. I have been seeing her for over a year and a half and she has always been pretty spot on with her predictions.

The last time I saw her was in August and she told me (and I quote):

"You are going to meet someone that treats you the way you deserve to be treated." She went on to tell me, with a half amused look, that she would be a Virgo.

She also said: "The universe is working extra hard to bring you two together."At the time, when I received this particular reading, I wasn't sure how much I could believe it. Sure, I was healing and moving on, but I wouldn't expect the above right away.

Then ---- I met, Jen.


Jen with one the cast of one of her charity events

Jen and I haven't known each other "that" long. We have only been on one date, thus far. I think she is beyond adorable, kind, sweet, funny and smart. I like her - a lot.


Jen and a group of her friends

I explained to Jen that I needed to take things very slow and start out as "close friends" first as I didn't want a repeat of any of my past relationships.

This is the email I received in response to that:

"Des,

First, thank you SO very much for being so open and honest with me.

Second, I am not going anywhere.

I would SO love to keep building our friendship and connection.

I told you that I have been in long term relationships my whole life, too. I have always moved way too quickly.

I already know more and feel more for you than anyone else I began a relationship with and moved in with. So, let's take our time.

I do have strong feelings for you already.

You are absolutely amazing. You are so sweet and adorable. I love all that you have accomplished for yourself and that you still have goals to keep doing more.

I want to keep learning more about you. I love your laugh and that cute, nervousness you have about you. You are very attractive with a beautiful smile and eyes that speak right to me.

I do not need to rush anything that just feels SO right!!


I am good with us taking our time and building a friendship first.

I have told you my favorite celebrity is Gillian Anderson. There are many reasons for that. First, I was an X-Files fan before I knew of her connection to NF. I can't remember if I told you about this part. Her brother has NF. She has addressed congress for more funding for NF. She is a spokesperson for NF. Does a lot of original artwork with proceeds going to NF research. I fell in love with her NF alien logo, which is why I had it tattooed on me.... So, what does this have to do with us? Well, I discovered a quote from her late last year and it totally pertains to this situation....


“Well, it seems to me that the best relationships - the ones that last - are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with”

Yes, I so would so love to fall in love with my best friend!!!


I want to build that friendship with you and I don't care how long it takes. I hope that building a friendship will some day take us to a committed relationship. :)

So, I look forward to spending time with you; getting to know you more; getting to know your life, family, and friends; going for walks and road trips together; taking in person more about all kinds of things; etc.

And if it is ok, I would still love to be cuddled up on the couch with you watching a movie or some strange tv show you may try to introduce me to - lol, but not more rushing in with the kisses or anything further. ;)

Let's take our time going down this path together, because once we reach that clearing it will be absolutely amazing!!

Talk to you soon,


and hope to see you again soon, too. :)


-Jen xoxo"


Jen being a good sport and having fun!

 
Need I say more? :) Oh, and Jen is a Virgo (on the Libra cusp). She is also extremely close to her family and adores her mom & dad. Whew!!!!!! How refreshing to have someone in my life not jealous of my relationship with my mom & Elizabeth. She also lives close by.

Jen has a Master in Arts in English, works in a college Library, loves all kinds of music, enjoys many of the same things I do (and is even a horror movie fan - lol - yaaaaay). She is involved with numerous charity events, loves pets, is an amazing writer, has a great sense of humor, is extremely kind hearted, has a positive attitude, loves traveling, having fun and did I mention she LOVES her parents and family?????

Jen and HER "Aunt Rose"

Jen takes part in a yearly bike race for NF


Jen even sported a similar hairstyle to mine in highschool? college? lol

Yeah.

Anyway, there is a saying that goes something like:

"If God leads you to it, he will bring you through it."

Boy, is this true! :-)

I don't know what my future truly holds, but if I had to go by MY intuition, which has always been pretty darn good as well, I would say I am heading in the right direction for sure.

2 comments:

Jennifer Walsh said...

Okay, so I am blushing that you posted my message, but these are my real and true feelings and I am not embarrassed by them. I love that we can have the honesty that we do. I love that we got to know each other so well before we started a relationship. I would have waited as long as needed for my PERFECT MATCH. xoxoxo

Travelingdes said...

:)))) I couldn't help but share something so beautiful that was written for me. I've had this blog for almost 4 years and let me tell ya, I've never posted anything even CLOSE to something like this from anyone else before. Your letter completely set the tone for this amazing relationship. You made me feel accepted and cared for without asking for anything in return which just made me want to give all my love to you. If the tables were turned I too would've waited for you, because I feel you are my PERFECT MATCH as well. xoxoxoxo