Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 15, 2008

My week thus far...

I haven't written in awhile so I figured I would touch base!

The past few days have been spent working, running around, cooking and exercising.

I had the pleasure of hanging out with my best buddy, Devan and her beautiful, adorable, happy little girl, Jillian.



This baby isn't even 6 months old and she already has that "old soul" personality. She is kind. She is going to be, what I call, a "red cape" person. I could just tell. Spreading kindness and love to those around her. I am so lucky to have Devan, Jillian and Bruce in my life. What GOOD people they are. I love you guys.

We went for dinner at 'Bob & Timmy's Grilled Pizza' on Spruce Street "up da hill" (Federal Hill). Oh my god. The pizza was delicious. Dev doesn't like cheese so she ordered a pizza with chicken, tomatoes and mushrooms and (??). I ordered the Pizza Margarita. Woah. Wow. It had basil, mozerella, and tomatoes. Extremely good. Pizza's were around $14 each which is typical for Federal Hill (Caserta's is the same). I find grilled pizza's last longer. I had maybe 4 pieces, possibly 5 (they are cut into small squares). Their house salad was a deal at $5.00. Two people could easily share it and their dressing was delicious. I can't wait to go back. My mother and Elizabeth even stopped by to meet Jillian and say hello to Devan.
After dinner Devan took for desert at La Dolce Vita on 'The Plaza'. Dev ordered the tiramisu and I ordered a crepe with bananas and nutella. Again, delicious. However, I find their deserts to be just a "little too rich" for my tummy. They are also pricey ($10 for the tiramisu and $8, I believe, for the crepe). Jillian was an angel! We left just before 9pm, which is her bed time.

The next day I had to take Mitzy to have her teeth checked at City Kitty (a.k.a. Lesbian Kitty).


She was such a good girl! For whatever reason her ass was up in the air the entire time we were there....lol. She DOES need to have her teeth cleaned and most likely some teeth extracted. But this is very important for pets and helps pro-long their life. After all is done and said it is going to cost me close to $550.00!!!!!!!!! Sigh. But she is worth my last penny.

Yesterday I had my interview for a front desk agent at the new Hampton Inn opening in Downtown Providence this December. It went EXTREMELY well. I am pretty confidant I got the job. Yaay. The owner, Michael, was a sweetheart! So down to earth and funny. He is going to a Jimmy Buffett concert (his brother in-law is a huge fan and his sister in-law is a travel agent). I really enjoyed talking with him. This 2nd job will be a nice supplement to Out & About Travel. It'll be nice to not have to really worry about money for awhile, not to mention, getting a new car!!!

Other than that I have been cooking up Bobby Flay meals (lol, I am obsessed) and working out.

I am excited because it's Melanie's BIG Bday next Saturday in Jersey (her real bday is Aug 31). We are going to have a party for her here on the 30th as well. It'll be nice to meet her new friends.

Again, nothing too exciting going on. Which, at times, is a good thing.


Wait, how could I forget? By some miracle I was able to scoop up 2 Jimmy Buffett tickets for his Sept 4 show in Mansfield, Ma!!!! I was at ticketmaster.com and "took a chance" to see if some seats were released and low and behold! :-D So exciting! This will be Melanie's first Buffett concert. I need to dust off my parrothead gear! ;-)

Anyway, back to work I go!

Peace,
Des

No comments: