Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Lover Of The Bayou!!


Unfortunately I am home tonight while Melanie is at her "Jersey" Bday. I wish I was with her but staying home, with the way I was feeling, was probably the best idea.


I did have a great day today, however! My mother and I ran some errands, went for lunch and then explored Warren, Barrington and Bristol. I hadn't spent much time in this part of Rhode Island so it was very cool and BEAUTIFUL! We went to Colt State Park which has a gorgeous beach and picnic facilities. The beach is free and the scenery rivals Newport. It is a great place to read, go for a swim, play some sports, BBQ - just relax. There is also a connector to the East Bay Bike Path! I can't wait to check this portion out with Mel.

I wanted to get a better feel for Bristol just in case Mel goes to Roger Williams University Law School. I drove by that as well. Wow. After visiting 5 law schools in Boston, I can honestly say this one is the most beautiful - by far. It overlooks Newport Harbor and has a beautiful green lawn, modern buildings (which seem huge) and a great location (right over Mont Hope Bridge is Newport). The town of Bristol is adorable. It is filled with waterfront restaurants, shops and lots of water activities (kaying, canoeing, fishing). The East Bay Bike Bath also has a great section here (where it ends, I believe). I loved it.

Anyway, very nice day, although I do miss Melanie and wish I was with her. But is it good she gets this time with her friends and family. I'll be with her on her REAL birthday, August 31st and am throwing a small party for her next Saturday.

I am going to end this blog with my current song obsession: 'Lover of the Bayou' by Mudcrutch (a.k.a. Tom Petty's new band). This song is a remake of a Byrd's classic, and I LOVE IT! I can't get enough of it. BLAST IT!!! Close your eyes (I find Tom Petty a tad bit annoying...lol), but God, the song just ROCKS. You need to be on Interstate 10 heading toward New Orleans or Baton Rouge. Some songs just hit me right in the gut. Even though his voice gets a little TOO MUCH like Bob Dylan's (ugh) - I still like most of his music. And what a cool name for a band!? Mudcrutch. ENJOY!





Peace,

Des

No comments: