Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'm a published travel writer! :D

Well it is official. 

I am writing for Connextions Magazine. The national gay & lesbian lifestyle magazine distributed around the world in Barnes-N-Nobles, LGBT bookstores, newsstands etc., 




I was featured in their new fall issue which can be viewed online here (page 52): http://www.calameo.com/read/000390467acfc30ef3013

Print version will be available next month at book stores all over. 

My first official piece will be on LGBT friendly travel destinations for families. 

I am so excited and honored to be working with such an amazing magazine. 

Editor-in-Chief, Shelly Straub, has been so wonderful to collaborate with. 


In addition to writing for Connextions Magazine, I also got hired as a blogger for The Gay Agenda, kinda like the gay version of Huffington Post. I will have my own author's page and everything. 
Of course my posts will be travel related! ;) How exciting! 

www.gayagenda.com 

Also in the works is a BRAND NEW web site for Out & About Travel. A friend of Jen's is putting together a brand-spanking-new site which will be modernized and put me back on the top of search engines. I am incorporating my love of squirrels (lol) into the new logo design. 

www.gaytravelpros.com. 

Gay Travel Information continues to grow with more and more advertisers and reviews on tap! 

Upcoming trips include Boston-MA, Greenwich-CT, Niagara Falls-Canada, Lake Placid-NY, New York-NY, Provincetown-MA and Stowe-VT. 

I am so grateful for my businesses and the support of my loving, amazing, beautiful fiance. 

No matter how busy I am, she will always come first! :) 

Our wedding shower is coming up (October 7th) and - WOW - wedding on December 30th!! 

So much to get done!!!! 

Life is good. 

Desiree

3 comments:

Jennifer Walsh said...

I am so proud of you!!I am so impressed by your accomplishments!! I am so excited for you as all these new things start happening for you and your business!! You deserve all good things to come your way. You have worked so hard!
To steal Justin Bieber's words... "I'm gonna show you off." I am just so honored, lucky, grateful, blessed, etc to have you as my fiance. I look forward to being by your side always. In every way you are my ultimate match and my forever person. And I cannot wait to add wife to that list.
I love you baby!!! XOXOXO

Jennifer Walsh said...

I am so proud of you!!I am so impressed by your accomplishments!! I am so excited for you as all these new things start happening for you and your business!! You deserve all good things to come your way. You have worked so hard!
To steal Justin Bieber's words... "I'm gonna show you off." I am just so honored, lucky, grateful, blessed, etc to have you as my fiance. I look forward to being by your side always. In every way you are my ultimate match and my forever person. And I cannot wait to add wife to that list.
I love you baby!!! XOXOXO

Travelingdes said...

Jen, I could NOT have done this last year. You have given me such a sense of calm and peace which has allowed my brain and body to relax and start "working" again. I owe so much to YOU and am so grateful to have someone SO DESERVING to share this with. You are the kindest, most loving woman - EVER. I am SO LUCKY and cannot wait until the moment I look you in the eyes and take you as my wife. I love you so much! xoxoxoxo