Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Living Life




I know how to live life. I mean truly LIVE LIFE. I have this down. 

I am not financially rich. I may never be. But you know what? I live the life of a millionaire. No, I don't mean I drive around in a luxury sports car or travel the globe, first class. I don't eat caviar or buy jeans for $200. I don't invest in $400 haircuts of have a $1,500 guitar. I don't have an Apple Mac laptop and my pets don't have diamond collars. 

Most people would be shocked at what I live off of and all I am able to do with the money I have. 

This year alone I have enjoyed watching people eat numerous lobsters in front of me. 

Stayed in luxurious hotels. 

Had invites for spa treatments. 

Witnessed turquoise water so crystal clear you can see the snow white sand below it. 

I have been treated like a rock star at Hard Rock Hotel and skipped the line to ride thrill rides at Universal Orlando.

I have had bottles of wine and strawberries dipped in chocolate left in my honor. 

I have received complimentary theater tickets, park passes, movie passes and event passes. 

I witnessed full moons glowing over dark oceans. 

I have dined on crepes in Quebec. 

I have stayed in haunted hotel rooms and have experienced temps so cold you literally get brain freeze. 

I've drank butter beer and have eaten some of the best meals and desserts of my life. 

I've enjoyed an Irish comedy tour and the worst play of my life in Sommerville, MA. 

I have walked, laughed and kissed in the rain. 

I have witnessed smiles on the faces of family and friends as my partner and I host parties in our warm, beautiful home. 

I have baked for people I love. I have cooked for people I love. 

I have gotten my dog's hair cut and have spoiled my pets with toys and treats. 

I have written songs. I have sang songs. 

I have blasted music loud and danced with my pets in my arms. 

I have gone on a 2 week road trip and numerous weekend getaways. 

I have gained a name and reputation for not only myself, but my businesses. 

This year I have gained new friends and family and most importantly, a beautiful fiance. 

I have photographed nature, architecture, people and pets. 

I pay my bills and rent every month.

I have bought presents for my family and friends. 

I have managed to buy myself new clothes and shoes each season and a new laptop computer. 

I have managed to put gas in my car at least twice a week.

I have gone dancing, played pool, gone for long walks, rode a bike and exercised. 

I am most proud to say that I have gotten engaged in an ice palace, found a beautiful location to host my wedding and found someone that truly loves me and is my best friend. 

........

I have done ALL OF THIS with less money than most of you will be able to comprehend. 

How? By my HARD WORK. By my DETERMINATION. By knowing how to budget the little money I do have in my life right now. 

What gives ME peace of mind? 

Knowing that I can still LIVE LIFE, a full, beautiful, fun, exciting, life without a ton of money.

No couch potato here. 

No complainer here. 

No "glass is half empty here". 

No negativity. 

Just faith, hard work, hope, trust and will. 

The other night I had just finished crying and you know what my partner said? 

She told me I looked so beautiful and HAPPY....glowing....that even though I was sad at that moment, the joy shined from me and my smile. It was something to that effect. 

I smile. 

When the world knocks me down or keeps taking from me.

I smile. 

When the world blesses me with luxuries I cannot wrap my brain around. 

I smile. 

I laugh and smile....always. 

Some people spend their entire life worrying about tomorrow and never live for today and before they know it, the stress of that worry kills them, having never truly LIVED and enjoyed life. They lived in their constant negativity and worry and in the end......money doesn't matter. Living life and life experiences matter. Being the best person to others, matter. Being kind hearted, matters. Laughing and smiling every day - matters. Being a positive influence and source of joy - matters. 

Getting out and TRULY LIVING....matters. 

You don't need MONEY to TRULY LIVE. 

You need will. You need determination. You need support. You need love. You need friends and family. 

In the end, when a person dies, they don't bring their money or "things" with them. 

In the end, what truly matters, is the legacy you leave and the people's lives you've somehow touched and improved in some way, shape or form while HERE on earth....LIVING life. 

On your death bed, I assure you that you will not be thinking about that car you didn't buy or that new TV or money at all...you will be thinking about all the EXPERIENCES you never had. 

All the wasted days spent doing -- NOTHING. The people you didn't spend time with.

I live well within my means.........and I live an extremely well life because "my means" aren't based on dollar signs, my means is based on my WILL and DESIRE to live every second I am blessed with good enough health to do so and on the days when I am sick, I fill those days up with HOPE, DETERMINATION, PRAYER and LAUGHTER. I watch my favorite shows on TV, read until my brain hurts, snuggle with my pets or in my partner's arms. I soak up every second I am given of this life....healthy OR sick. I am always grateful. 

I believe that when a person dies their life flashes before their eyes...maybe not in an "instant" but I believe all the things you believed as truth about someone is finally reveled. You may have thought a person didn't have your best interest at heart, only to learn, they always have. You might have lived your life thinking you could "never do enough" for someone, to learn that every single thing you did was truly appreciated. You might have lived your life thinking the worst of someone, only to learn it was always that person who cared and prayed for you. We all make assumptions and the majority of them are - wrong. The safest bet? Truly live a good life. Be as kind and honest as possible. Do because you WANT to do something for someone else, not because you feel you SHOULD or HAVE TO. Do from the heart. 

You can't change other people's ways of thinking, unfortunately. Only yours. In time, they, like us, will all come to learn the truth. 

We don't escape anything in this life. You cannot escape karma.

If you have lived a good life, believe me, you will be rewarded. Somehow. Somewhere. 

If you have lived a cruel life, that too will have its consequences. Again, I truly believe this. 

I don't expect anything from anyone so, as the saying goes, when something kind is done for me, I am truly shocked and appreciative because I didn't see or expect it. Life is much easier that way. Less disappointments. 

The only person I expect the best from, is myself. And, God, do I try to be a good person. 

I am proud to say I LIVE.... TRULY LIVE.....within MY MEANS. 

Do you truly LIVE within yours?

2 comments:

Jennifer Walsh said...

This post is just amazing. We quote Patrick for saying, "Enjoy life, that's all that matters," and you do that in every way possible. He would have definitely loved you. You completely map out his philosophy in this post. I love the way you live life and I love that I am right there by your side living it with you. Like you say, seeing the world and experiencing life really is all that matters. You got it right for sure!!! In the end those are the things you want to see flash before your eyes and not the fancy car and diamond studded cat collars. We have both been lucky to have some amazing people in our lives that passed on to us the importance of living life good and kind and enjoying it no matter what.
I love you so very much and you mean the world to me. XOXOXO

Travelingdes said...

Yes, that was one of the things that attracted me to your profile, the "Enjoy life, that's all that matters" quote. That has been my philosophy forever and it is great to finally have someone who enjoys life as much as I do. Everything from the littlest things to the grandest. I love you too. xoxo