Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, June 21, 2012

I am a Gemini




I am a Gemini, which makes me slightly crazy. 


My mind is always working.


I am usually doing two things at once as I need constant (and I do mean constant) stimulation.

I seek instant gratification and have a mentality which literally makes it impossible to give up. 

If at first you don't succeed....keep on trying until you do. Until your last breath, even. 

There are certain things that bother me immensely. Since this is my blog, I am allowed to vent. 


So here goes....

I hate when people don't respond to me. If I send an email to someone or (gulp) call someone, I expect some sort of a response. 

I don't care if it is a mule carrying a message bottle in it's mouth, you better answer me or you will get on my "pooh list". 

I bust my ass as a travel agent and travel writer. I don't charge a service fee to spend hours researching price quotes, so if you have decided NOT to book with me, at least tell me why and give me a fighting chance to change your mind. With a price match guarantee, what do you have to lose? 

As an author of a gay blog advertising gay friendly/exclusive businesses and events, I am always seeking new advertisers. 

It is a blow to the gut when you receive a "yes we are interested" and then weeks go by and you never hear back from the person. 


Why lead us on in the first place? If you have changed your mind and don't want to advertise with us, simply tell us. I'd rather know up front then be tagged along. 

Let me stress the following fact.....

The worst thing you can do to me on a personal and business level, but mostly on a personal level is IGNORE ME.

As a Gemini this is an absolute no-no as we are the "communication" sign. 

It will not only alienate me and have me seek out stimuli elsewhere, it will push you, your business etc., down on the list of importance to me. 

I am just being honest here. 

I make it a rule to treat people with as much respect as humanly possible. Again, I am not a saint, but I do try to be a good, honest person. 

As a woman in her mid 30's I have zero tolerance for people who play with my time and emotions. 

If I don't feel "connected" to you, then what is the point? 

I follow up with clients. I follow up with perspective advertisers. I try to be a real person and not just a "business persona" ---- it has, for the most part, proven successful for me. 

But then there are those individuals that just clash with us here Gemini's. 

To you I say, "BLEH!" :-P 


I think this definition of Gemini sums it up: 


Gemini Traits
Understanding the Gemini Traits
As most people believe that the stars affect our destiny, the horoscope provides us with the helpful guide to keep us abreast with our fate. It has been said that our zodiac signs have something to do with our personalities and traits. These are like special qualities that each individual is initially born with. For example, those who are born under the sign of Gemini are likely to have distinct Gemini traits.
The Gemini, or simply “the Twins”, is a sign of the zodiac that rules from May 21 up to June 21. It generally represents an independent and outgoing personality. Most Geminis delight in socializing, and they are almost always the ones who make a particular event a lively occasion. They simply love to entertain that’s why most of them take interest in hosting an event or performing in a crowd. They are magnanimous in offering their friendship to people. They have this gift of the gab, which makes them a good asset in every social circle as well as in work. In other words, they are the life of every occasion.
When it comes to serious matters such as work and love, Geminis are unique in a sense that they are born to become intelligent people. They are witty and sometimes, even cunning. They can also juggle multiple tasks without looking tired afterwards. As for communications, one can never be bored whenever he is around with a Gemini. A person who is born under this sign often makes it a point to carry out the conversation no matter how boring it may seem for him. Perhaps the most interesting quality of the Geminis lies in their being good at persuading people. Using their ability to communicate efficiently, they can easily get what they wanted from a person. Geminis are naturally charismatic, too. This is why most people fall for them even if they do not intend to please everyone.
However, since nobody is born perfect, a Gemini also has some flaws in his personality. The seemingly positive Gemini traits tend to backfire to the person. Being excessively spontaneous, Geminis can be viewed as reckless and flirtatious lot. Although they do not intend to act like that, the people around them tend to think otherwise. Another thing is their being indecisive. No one can exactly tell where their indecisiveness has rooted from, but this is true for most Geminis. Their minds tend to change every 15 minutes, albeit that would be a bit of exaggeration. Even though they are witty, there are also the times when they cannot simply make up their minds; especially if the matter seems to excite them. They love novelty and change, but in areas concerning love and career, this personality may not work for their own good.
Famous personalities who share these Gemini traits include Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie, John F. Kennedy and Henry Kissinger. As we can observe, most of the Geminis are into public service and film industry. Actually, they tend to succeed in any career that they choose. Geminis are also compatible with people under the signs of Libra, Aries and Leo.


....


So yeah, I am a proud Gemini. 

I talk and think - talk and think - talk and think etc., 

That is why writing is so important to me because it is a means of expression. 

So if you want a successful relationship with me don't ignore me. Because it will only make it easier to simply shift my focus elsewhere. 

Just sayin. 

3 comments:

Jennifer Walsh said...

You are 100% Gemini and we work perfectly together. My quiet reserved Virgo nature loves that Gemini stimulation and it is what makes me come alive in life and in my heart. You work harder than most anyone I have ever known and manage to balance that so well with living life, having fun, family and friends. I see and understand your nature for not being ignored and how you value communication very highly. I love everything about you and your Gemini nature!! XOXO

Travelingdes said...

I absolutely love that you are quiet and reserved because it calms my crazy ass down! ;) lol!!! And let me just say, you have quite the WILD/FUN side too!! ;) ;) We work perfectly together and I love everything about YOU!! I love that we can talk about everythiiiiiiing. This Gemini loves her Virgo! Xoxoxoxo

ClevelandRawks said...

Im an Aquarius (obviously) and I hate being ignored too. I feel your pain.