Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 27, 2008

What a nightmare!


Ugh. I had an awful dream last night. I dreamt my top row of teeth were falling out. It was so vivid and scary. I woke up with a dreadful feeling inside and remembered that dreaming of teeth is one of the most common dreams a person can have. I instantly went to the computer and looked up its meaning.

Here is a summery of what I found:


When one dreams of their teeth falling out it can represent feelings of loss of control, helplessness or powerlessness. The dream is typically acting as a mirror of a situation in waking life. Dreams of tooth loss coupled with anxiety reflect a fear of change, fear of transition.


Sometimes tooth loss dreams point to a fear of failure or embarrassment. In waking life, when people lose teeth, they often cover their mouths when talking or smiling. Is there something you want to do but are afraid of undertaking because you fear you'll look foolish if you fail?

Losing teeth in dreams can also point to insecurity about finances. In physical waking life, teeth are what we use to take in sustenance, to keep our bodies fit and nourished, and they are often lost when malnutrition is present. In order to take in nourishment we must be able to 'support' ourselves. Are you worried that you will lose the ability to take care of yourself or are you already not taking care of your needs? Nourishing ourselves comes in many forms, not just our bodily needs--we must nourish our minds, spirits, and hearts as well as our bodies. Is there any aspect of your life that feels like an empty hole?

Tooth loss dreams may also symbolize a fear of abandonment, of being left behind with no recourse. Look at your relationships and see if any of them are leaving you with feelings of insecurity.

A dream about one's teeth falling out usually means and symbolizes that the dreamer is having a hard time or a challenge getting their voice heard, their ideas acknowledged or feelings responded to.

This may be conversations with a particular person such as their partner, boss, or friend; or can be generalized for people who are shy, to include almost everyone they come in contact with. The dreamer needs to brush up on conversational skills, believe in the value of their own opinion, learn how to be less intimidated by aggressive people, and become more assertive and make their voice heard. Once they do that, this dream (which is a common recurring dream) should evolve & show improvement...or disappear altogether.

You communicate your ideas and feelings via your mouth. Those ideas are very important to you when still in your mouth or still not said but once they leave your mouth they are not valued... they are seen as being worthless. One dream meaning to teeth falling out is that you feel your thoughts, emotions and opinions are not being valued or even heard.

Wow.

Very, very interesting.

Everything the dream represents is something I am currently going through.

I recently started therapy and it is getting me to "open my eyes" to a lot of situations in my life. Situations about insecurity, self image and relationships.

I do NOT feel secure about transition. Appearance. Having an empty hole in certain aspects of my life. I do feel unheard. I do have abandonment issues. I do feel insecure about my finances.

Simply amazing.

I warned my mother the other day that Jan-April is going to be a VERY hard time for me. More so than ever. This is the first year I don't have several vacations planned for the winter. Vacations help me succeed at work (I am a travel agent). They help me relax. Breath and enjoy life. It is my passion. I simply can't afford to travel.

I am not the biggest fan of dreary, cold, gray, rainy days and Jan-April brings lots of these. I don't think I am clinically depressed but I do know my body craves the sunshine and warm weather more than ever during this time.

In my brain, there aren't many "good" thoughts going on.

Some things I have to "look forward" to are:

1. Getting my wisdom teeth out / general dentistry work (one of my top fears is the dentist).

2. Getting a 2nd part time job somewhere where I am 99% sure I won't want to be.

3. Not traveling.

4. Recession effecting my travel business.

5. Lack of "secure" finances.

6. Long, cold, dreary winter.

7. General health issues.

I hope this doesn't come across as complaining. I am just writing out the things that consume my thoughts lately. The stresses I wake up and go to bed with. I have never been in a situation like this and feel so alone with it.

Anyway, I will do my best to stay positive and hopefully therapy will give me the strength I need to make the changes that need to be done and get through any tough times ahead.

I am very grateful for therapy, reconnecting with old friends, my family, pets and most importantly, my partner Melanie.

I am not blind to the GOOD that is around me. In the same respect I am not blind to the bad as well. Oyie.

Hopefully my next blog will be waaaaaaaaaay better! ;) ;)



Des

1 comment:

Butch Boo said...

Upon going to the dentists I discovered that the reason I have THE most perfect straight teeth is that I grind! So I now have to wear a mouth guard at night-

very erotic...NOT!!

BB

X