Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 21, 2008

M.I.A.

So I know I haven't been posting in awhile. I hate that! Sorry! It seems as if any free time I have online lately is spent on Facebook. You can befriend me if you'd like. E-mail travlgrrl@aol.com and I will send my full name! :)

Pretty much the past couple of weeks have been spent finding a new (great) therapist, avoiding the gym (hello Jan 1st), trying to enjoy the Xmas season, wishing for snow (thanks weather gods), shopping, cleaning and dreaming of TRAVEL. Sigh. Sniff. It doesn't look good for travel. I just don't think I can comfortably afford it. I am pretty sure I can do the Mont Tremblant trip to Canada Jan 5-8 but I was hoping for a warm weather getaway, like Florida, for Jan 12-18th. I have credit with JetBlue but barely enough for my ticket. There are lots of great Travel Agent hotel rates available in Orlando and Fort Lauderdale and even Key West. Ugh. I guess I will just have to wait and see what my finances are like (and wisdom teeth) come the beginning of January.

I would give anything to fly down to Florida and spend 3 days in the Florida Keys. Just to feel that warm sunshine and see that turquoise water would do wonders for my mood.

This would be a piece of cake if I found a 2nd job. I am looking for a small part-time job to supplement my income and am having no luck. Most of my background is in the travel industry and running my own company. I think many places think I am over-qualified. I assure you, I'M NOT! LOL! I even applied at Home Depot for the love of God! Heeeeeeeeeeeelp. I just need something that will put some extra $$ in my pockets for weekly errands.

Other than that I don't have too much to report!

I am sure I will write more before Christmas BUT just in case I wish you all a HAPPY HOLIDAY!

Love, Des :)

No comments: