Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lots to catch up on!

So a lot has been going on since my last blog! First, I am proud to say that Melanie and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary on September 21, 2008. We had a wonderful day which consisted of going for breakfast at 'The Rue', a visit to a beautiful farm stand called 'Dane Farm', and painting at Colt State Park in Bristol. It was perfect. It was a gorgeous fall day and it just couldn't have been any better. That night Mel took me for dinner at Sienna's on Atwells Ave. We shared the gnocchi and boy was it delicious. I love you Mel and can't wait to see what year # 3 has in store for us! ;)

The weekend prior, Mel and I (along with my mom & Elizabeth) were in New Jersey for Mel's mother's surprise 50th birthday! What a beautiful weekend we had. Mel's mom (Ginny) was completely surprised. Her family and friends were so down-to-earth, friendly, funny and warm. Speaking of warm, it was suicidal hot outside! Holy crap. It was close to 100 and humid! Did I mention we had to set up and take down everything??? There were over 70 people. We had tents, tables and food to arrange not to mention cleaning to do. Woah. God bless Mel for loving the heat (and my mother for her super human powers). Me? I did the best I could. I HATE, LOATH, DESPISE that kind of heat! I did a lot - but wanted to die. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I packed completely wrong. I had FALL clothes with me. Heavy jeans, long sleeve shirts and sweaters. Yup. No shorts. No polos. No flip-flops. Yah. But it was all worth it! :)

Here are some pictures from the weekend.




















Here are some pictures Mel and I took this Saturday at Phantom Farms in Cumberland, RI (pay no attention to the baaaaaaaaad hair...woah).








Peace,

Des

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I adore you! I had such a wonderful anniversary! I love my necklace and art supplies! You are so incredibly thoughtful and I am so blessed to have you as my partner! Thank you for everything you have given to me! I can't believe we are going on three years now! Wow! I cannot wait to marry you! I love you so much!