Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 11, 2008

For my Melanie

This morning I woke up to an email from Elizabeth reminding me to listen to a song called "You" by Evanescence. Wow. What a beautiful, beautiful song. It made me think of my Melanie so much. Of course I would change a couple of the lyrics (i.e. blue eyes to green eyes and the name Amy to Melanie), but it is such a romantic song I had to share it with you guys.



Melanie and I are getting ready to celebrate our 2 year anniversary on Sept 21st! Can you believe it? My life has changed so much. Melanie has GIVEN me life. She makes me feel alive. Passionate. Driven. Brave. I know soul mates exist because my soul would not feel the same without her. My soul was sad before her. We may be different but in all honesty I am learning to accept that as an exciting thing. Never a dull moment with us, that is for sure! :-)

Anyway, I can't wait for the day I see Melanie walking down the aisle toward me.

I love you Mel.

-Des

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! Honey! You are absolutely my soul mate and I would be COMPLETELY LOST without you! I am so happy to be celebrating our two year anniversary! I am so lucky and I know there is no one else in the world I could ever love like I love you! You give me so much strength and the courage and perserverance ;) I need. You are everything honey! I cannot wait to walk down the aisle! One day not too far away! :) I love you! xoxo