Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 30, 2008

4th of July BBQ on June 29th!

Last night I had one of my simple fantasies acted out. No I didn't perform on stage with Jimmy Buffett but I did have an old-fashioned, 4th of July BBQ! I don't know what it is about the smell of grilled Italian sausage and onions that puts me in a great mood-- but it JUST DOES.

I had "da mamas" there (my mother and her partner Elizabeth), my brother Michael, his partner Liz, her baby Lestat (yes, like the movie "Interview with a Vampire"....what?), my nephew Michael and of course, my beautiful partner, Melanie. Even one of our tenants (Jeremy?) from upstairs came. The yard was decked out in American Flag's and tiki-torches and I had my country and classic rock blaring (Def Leppard, Journey, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, etc.,). We lit fireworks, ate s'mores and watermelon and every kind of meat imaginable...lol. It was just a GREAT night. We were surrounded by "love" and "kindness" which always puts me in a great mood (plus the BBQ smell and onions always help). Melanie seemed to be having a good time too! It was great to look over at her dancing to the music while grilling her "healthy" veggies. What a beautiful woman she is - and she's mine. Aww.

It was also nice to spend time with Michael, Liz, "the baby" and my nephew Michael. Every time I looked at someone --- they had a smile on their face or were laughing. Does it get better than that? Again - simplicity at its best. Nothing fancy. Just good music, good food and good "friends".

"The baby" LOVED the fireworks! He had a smile the size of Texas on his Rhode Island face. He was clapping his hands and kicking his feet. That is all I wanted. I wanted a child to feel that excitement of the 4th of July and although my nephew (16) is all "cool", he too had tons of fun. Not to mention us "adult kids". Even the neighbors got into it!

I've discovered something very important --- if I am grilling and cooking for everyone --- I don't eat...lol. I didn't eat one piece of meat yesterday (I did have grilled pineapple, watermelon, s'mores and a cookie or two..lol). My main goal was to feed everyone else. I LOVE THAT! I may be onto something here. Hmm? ;-) I think tonight I shall grill up some veggie burgers and sweet potato's. Yummy.

Random thought: I am so excited about the bachelorette tonight! Who is she going to choose? WHOOOOOOO?????? Ugh! I didn't like Graham, buuuuuuuuuut I do think she was falling IN LOVE with the quiet bastard. Now one of those other guys are getting sloppy seconds. Sigh. They are all "good" guys but I like Jason best. Jeremy is "too perfect" and seems a bit too serious and the snowboarder, Jessie, is too much like a kid, but I do think she is attracted to him. Jason is a GREAT guy - you can just tell. But is he "too nice" for her. I think so. She likes the "bad boy", hence - Graham. I think she will pick Jeremy but I am rooting for Jason which means she'll probably pick Jessie...huh??? See, lesbians get into this crap too. I want to see the "lesbian" version of the bachelorette!!! How cool/fun would THAT be. Does this already exist? Am I the only lesbian without the LOGO Network?? :(

I am also going to post a "video of the day" on each blog. I may post more than one, depending on my mood.

Today's video(s) are in celebation of last night's 4th of July BBQ and songs that make me think of summer.




WHEEL IN THE SKY BY JOURNEY



LET IT GO BY DEF LEPPARD



TRIP AROUND THE SUN BY JIMMY BUFFETT

Peace,

Des

No comments: