Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 16, 2009

There's gotta be someone out there???

Okay, so this may come across as a desperate plee, and maybe it is! :)

If any of these things match you then you MUST, muuuuuuuuust befriend me....lol.

I am in desperate, ::red alert::, need of new friends. Help a girl out!!

I am self-employed and work at home which doesn't allow me the opportunity of meeting new people. I am not into bars or corny clubs (i.e. book, garden) or things like that (sorrry..lol).

What am I into? What do I like? What do I stand for?

  • I love to travel. I've had a love affair with travel since - forever. But I am one of those laid back, but not TOO laid back type travelers. I love road trips and exploring America. I have been to 42 states. I like making music mixes to match the states I am driving through. I love taking pictures. I love stopping at weird/off-beat attractions. I love cute, roadside restaurants. BBQ shacks. Beach side shacks. Theme restaurants. Mom & Pop type places. Diners. I love doing touristy AND non touristy things. I am not into backpacking, camping or not showering for days...lol. I love nature but am not "one with nature". I love staying at hotels. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, although if there is a "special deal", why not? ;) No, I am happy with Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn's, Marriott's, Hilton's etc.,. I get excited when I cross the state line and visit a "welcome center" to load up on brochures. I get excited when the scenery changes before my eyes. I get excited when I see turquoise blue water. Snow white sand. Red clay mountains. Desert landscapes. City landscapes. The great plains. I love National Parks. Scenic drives. Approaching thunderstorms and a darkening sky. I don't mind stopping a million times to pee. I don't mind changing plans last minute. I am easy going and adaptable.

  • I love to laugh! I am not a very serious person. I am not a nutcase either, I am a mix of both crazy/silly leaning more toward the crazy/fun side. I love making people laugh and having someone make me laugh. I find the most mundane things funny. The only kind of humor I don't find funny is that which makes fun of someone else. I don't like laughing at someone else's expense, unless it is my own, of course! :)

  • I love music! I have been playing guitar and writing songs since age 11. I am 32 years old now. I am mostly into country/acoustic/rock/dance type music but love pop, hip-hop, alternative, swing, rockabilly, etc., too! I love all kinds of music. My music taste ranges from Indigo Girls, Girlyman, Alison Krauss, Ditty Bops, Jimmy Buffett, Dierks Bently, Brad Paisley, Toby Keith, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Reckless Kelly, Cross Canadian Ragweek, Zac Brown Band, 3 Doors Down, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Kanye West, Britney Spears, Lady GaGa, Justin Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson, etc., etc., -- I think you get the idea!

  • I believe in kindness. I am have absolutely zero tolerance for rude people. I will go out of my way to be nice to someone and only ask the same in return. I find it much easier to be kind and respectful to someone than not. I am completely in touch with my emotions and love sharing them with others. I am all about hugging, laughing, smiling, opening up about feelings, deep conversations and the power we each have to make someones day.

  • I love to talk! I don't mean like someone who goes on and on and doesn't shut up. What I mean is that I have absolutely NO problem opening up about feelings and laying everything on the line. I think the best therapy in life is talking. The best medicine is talking. I can sit around a table (or anywhere) and talk for hours. It just feels -- good.

  • I love taking pictures! I can literally take hundreds of pictures in one day. I have been known to get "picture taking finger" from snapping too many pics. I actually hurt myself once! All for the love of the picture! ;) lol! I love capturing moments and feel that you never know when that perfect picture will come out so keep snapping away. With that said, I respect boundaries and will never take a picture of someone that doesn't want their picture taken.

  • I love the holidays, watching TV, cooking, having people over the house and socializing! I am one of those people that get supper excited about the holidays. Decorating the house. Having holiday parties. Watching special holiday shows on TV. Talking and making jokes while watching shows on TV...lol. I love everything from Superbowl Sunday to Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I love watching the Oscars, Music Award shows, reality shows, morning talk shows, Travel Channel shows, Food Network shows, anything to do with the Paranormal (Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State) etc.,. I truly get excited about things like 4th of July BBQ's, making Christmas cookies, Halloween parties / haunted houses, Christmas Eve dinner, Labor & Memorial Day BBQ's --- I get excited about this stuff! :) I love sharing this excitement with others. Cracking jokes at the shows on TV, cooking/baking together, planning parties together. I need a friend to get into this stuff with me!? :)))

  • I put my family and friends first! I love to work, don't get me wrong. I am a hard worker, but work with ALWAYS, ALWAYS come second to living life and being there for my family and friends. I don't care about awards, the amount of money I make, owning a fancy house, driving a fancy car, owning fancy clothes. I don't care about titles. I don't care about ANYTHING like that. What I care most about is my personal relationships and the love I give and receive. In the end the only achievement that will matter is the love you gave and received in life.

  • I love animals! I love all kinds of animals. There is not one kind of animal I don't like. With that said, fish do gross me out a bit as do snakes and bugs! :)

  • I don't care about your "status" in life! I don't care what schools you went to. I don't care what your GPA was. I don't care if you are lower, middle or upper class. I don't care how much money you have. I don't care what you do for a living. I don't care if you are rich or poor. All I care about is if you are a KIND person. If you are CARING. COMPASSIONATE. UNDERSTANDING. Those qualities are what matters in life. If you are kind to me -- I will be your friend forever.

  • I do care about people accepting all walks of life! I don't like judging someone based on weight, income, sexuality, religion etc., I believe everyone has the right to be who they are. We are all different and should embrace these differences. What a boring world we'd live in if we were all alike? :)

I could go on and on but I think this pretty much "who I am" up.

I don't care where you are from (I live in Rhode Island). I am looking to make friends from all over! :)

I know there is a shot in a million someone will respond to this, but you never know. I don't know how else to make new friends at this point in my life. There has to be somebody out there, reading this, that shares some of the same interest. Take a chance on me! Get to know who I am! :) You can reach me on this blog or at travlgrrl@aol.com.

I have no shame in doing this! I am truly lonely and in serious need of some new friends.

Go ahead....make my day! ;) ;)

Peace,

Desi

4 comments:

Luella Trix said...

Don't sell yourself short! You have so much to offer as a friend, and I honestly believe a person well-traveled understands the world in a different (better) way. Good for you, for doing what you love and making it your life and profession even. I am jeeeealous.

I so want to be your friend!!

Now DM-ing you on twitter.

Travelingdes said...

Hi!! Thank you so much for your response. I can't even tell you the smile on my face right now. I love that you think that about travel. I want to know everything about you! :) LOL! Where are you from? What do you do? Have you done much traveling?

I think it takes a special kind of person to take time out of their day to respond to a total stranger and encourage them. I don't know much about you, but what I do know is that you are a kind hearted person and I can't wait to know you better.

You can respond to me here or at travlgrrl@aol.com.

-Des

Anonymous said...

I'll be your friend, Travel Girl! I added you to my Follower list. Stop by and visit me at Mommy, I'm Home. Are you on Twitter also?

Anonymous said...

Oh, wait. I found your Twitter link...