Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Value your relationships

Today I was going through some old pictures and it dawned on me that yes, it's true! If someone is a real friend they will always be your friend. You can go years without seeing each other and then reconnect and it feels like you were never apart.

Recently I have reconnected with some long lost friends and it felt just like that. The same respect, humor and ease were all there. The compassion, understanding and encouragement. Whether it be through email or face-to-face, it felt/feels like "old times". What an amazing GIFT.

I feel so blessed to have these people in my life. As a 32 year old woman I know how valuable TRUE friendship is. How valuable relationships are. I am so blessed to have several friends I consider family. I am so blessed to be with the love of my life. I am so blessed to have loving "mamas". A brother who cares for me. Family that I know would always be there. I love my pets. I love my job. I love to travel. I love my guitar. I love music (the list can go on and on).

Sure it is in my nature to always strive for something more, as I am sure it is with most people. I want to see and do it all, but that real, true sense of happiness is being happy in the moment. Where you are...at...this...moment. There are a lot of things I am working on and I have a long way to go before I feel complete, but one thing I know is that I am a lucky person to have so much love and kindness in my life.

For all of you who have been there for me (and continue to be), who have made me laugh, held my hand through the tears, never turned your back and believed in me even when I didn't, THANK YOU. I love each and every one of you and thank God you are in my life. There is nothing I wouldn't do for any of you.

ALSO....

On the flip side of all this, it can sting when you realize someone isn't the person you thought they were. Someone you may have considered a friend really isn't. Doesn't act like one in the least. This too is part of life and a learning lesson. You need to get rid of toxic people who aren't good for you and don't have your best interest at heart. No, that is not some Hallmark card, that is truly my advice, as corny as it may sound. We all know and have these "friends" that pop up out of the blue and then vanish again. Why? What is the point? Maybe they are fishing to see if there is some "drama" going on in your life and when they find out there isn't -- they lose interest? Who knows. It's sad. It's shocking. It's life. You live, learn and move on.

As Jimmy Buffett says, "Breath in, breathe out, move on."

These are pretty much rambles from my mind this evening...lol. Something a little more deep than jackalopes and squirrels! ;)

The point? Hmm..the point is to say THANK YOU to all those "real" people who are in my life and genuinely care about me. I feel the same for you! And also to offer advice to cut out the people who aren't "real". You know who they are. What purpose do they serve?? Wish them well and bid farewell.

Be sure to hold dear and value the people who have your best interest at heart.

Love,

Des

No comments: