Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 22, 2009

January update

It sure has been awhile since my last post!

Between all the pain of my tooth/gum infection (that I thought was due to wisdom teeth) and holiday madness it has been a crazy couple of months.

Tooth update: It is not the wisdom tooth. It is tooth # 18 (back molar). It took 2 months and 2 dentists to realize this. Sigh. I have to either a.) get a root canal or b.) get the tooth out. I am going for "b" BECAUSE it is waaaaaaaaaay in the back and no one will ever know and when/if my wisdom tooth comes out - there will be room. I am not looking forward to have it removed on Jan 29th - BUT - I will be "under" and it is only a 20 minute procedure and then this whole ordeal will FINALLY be over. I just wish dentists weren't one of my BIGGEST fears, but good oral hygiene is a must, so alas, let it be.

I enjoyed having Melanie around for her college winter break. We didn't really do anything that special beside spend time with each other (which is special enough) and get aggressive with the gym. Melanie has been so amazing during this whole "mouth" ordeal. She was a very supportive, loving partner. I love her so much. She gave me so much strength (as did my mother and Elizabeth). I don't know what I would do without them.

I have also been going to therapy once a week and love my therapist. I am finally with the right one. She is a wonderful, kind, understanding woman with a heart of gold and just talking to her and receiving advice helps so much. This is a big step for me and it feels great.

I have reconnected with old friends which has ignited a spark back in my soul that was so needed. It feels great to socialize more.

My trip to Iceland didn't work out but my mother and I are taking a trip to Key West Feb 2-6. I can't wait for that! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO needed. This travel agent has been "travel deprived" for way too long. I am looking forward to that warm Florida sunshine and turquoise water.

Work is well. The pets are good. Yeah...for as crazy as things are...life is good.

Hopefully I will be better with blogging once my tooth issue is finally done and my life falls back to its usual routine.

I hope everyone is doing well! :)


Melanie - January 09

Moi - January 09


Peace,
Des


No comments: