Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Straight Girls


So the other day I was listening to a song I wrote back in 2006 called 'Straight Girls'. Oh my God. I have to laugh. I forgot how much I love that song and how, from the heart, it came. I remember sitting down in my office when I lived in Providence, headphones on -- guitar strapped on -- clicking record and spilling out words that were inside me.

Here is what came out:

Please tell me, why I always fall in love with the straight girls?

Straight girls will only break my heart.

But I keep falling for those straight girls,

because straight girls are always so damn hot.

See, I'm not in to that "Kevin Bacon" look....

Tucked in shirts and flannel NEVER make me look.

And I don't care if a girl drives a jeep....

All that adds up to me is one big "BLEEPIN! BLEEP!"

I'm into wavy hair and flowered skirts....

A little blush on her cheeks could never, ever hurt.

I like a girl that smells just like "ocean mist"....

A girl that giggles a little when we kiss.


So, please tell me why I always fall in love with the straight girls (WHY?)

Straight girls will only break my heart (ALWAYS!)

But I keep falling for those straight girls....

Because straight girls are always so damn hot.


See, I'm not into girls who wear fanny packs....!!

What the hell are they thinking, I mean c'mon now? What's up with that??

And why do lesbian couples look the same?

Whose silly joke is that, tell me whose to blame?


I like a girl with meat on her bones.

I like a girl who cuddles when we're home.

I like a girl who makes me laugh until it hurts.

Yeah, I'm just a girl that likes a girl who wears a skirt.


So, please tell me why I always fall in love with the straight girls (WHYYYYY?)

Straight girl.....you'll only break my heart (YES YOU WILL!)

But I'll keep falling for those straight girls (YOU KNOW WHY?)

Because straight girls are always so damn hot.....

Straight girls are always so damn hot...(ONE MORE TIME)

Straight girls.....are always so damn hot.



This song is SO telling how the type lesbian I am. The tomboy lesbian in me that loves the femme in my partners.
No, my partner doesn't have to wear "skirts" or makeup.......but that softness has always been such a turn on.



When I wrote this song I had no idea the women that would come into my life.



I feel very blessed to have found partners that indulge the tomboy in me and embrace my femme side as well.


We all have to listen to the voice inside that tells us exactly what we are attracted to. Life is too short to be unhappy!! I tried dating girls that were more "boyish" and I just never felt any sort of chemistry with them. They were lovely women......AWESOME women....and I am sure they have found their lovely "femmes" to compliment their style as well! ;) It just wasn't me.....I wanted the same!


ANYWAY.....


I am feeling inspired to write new music but I just don't have the time.


I will have to just hit record one day and see what comes out because the truth is always inside......
And to all you straight girls that spoke to my inner tomboy and inspired that song........ thanks! ;-)


XOXO

4 comments:

Jennifer Walsh said...

I loved, loved, loved hearing this song on the ipod!! I look forward to hearing more old and new music from you. You are such a talented song writer: music and lyrics!

Good thing I got rid of my fanny packs before we met ;) lol

I want more Des Music! ;)
I love you! XOXO

Travelingdes said...

LOL! Thanks....I cannot believe how long it has been since I've "recorded" anything new (6 years!) It was actually fun listening to it....AND YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEW......NO FANNY PACKS!!!! You are too cool for that (wait, did you really own a fanny pack?????) HAHAHAHA...a'hem. I love you too! XOXO

Jennifer Walsh said...

my mom had given me her fanny pack to use, so I did have one... BUT I only used it when I was doing a yard sale... I think I only used it a couple of time. It felt too weird. lol. I believe the fanny pack now sits in my pile of rad sale stuff in storage ay my parents' house. ;)

Jennifer Walsh said...

I SO VERY MUCH want to hear you record music again!! XOXOXOXOXO